We continue where we left off in Episode 24 with Daren @shotgun15e, Robert @robertcigliano, and the MHF gang, Zyola (@supovadea), Mike (@Mike_Flys) minus @dhindmanjr... 'cause he's busy gettin' his Private Pilot's license!
- Edwards AFB General Aviation Fly-In
- Intros by our guests ("Hey, who are these people anyway!?")
- We make fun of Robert's New York Accent (Ha... kidding. Sorry Robert!) - Hear more of it at his podcast, The New Pilot Podblog!
- The 99's Paint Compass Roses - It's called "Airmarking". Who knew?!
- Nate talks about a fuel leak in the cabin of 79M on a flight with a former guest, Spencer Burkhardt. And the follow-up of working with both the local mechanics at Arapahoe Aero at KAPA and the Cessna Pilot's Association tech reps who are GREAT resources. We also mention what an "AMU" is.
- AppleTV isn't playing all episodes of MHF properly in streaming mode. Since this episode was recorded, Nate's up to 12 e-mails back and forth with Apple, and they have zero clue on what's causing the problem. Bummer!
- AOPA Summit - We talked about this, lots of folks already went, and hopefully enjoyed it!
- Nellis Air Show - Folks wanted to go.
- Women In Aviation Conference, Reno NV Feb 24-26 - Sign up now!
- More on the awesome Wings Over The Rockies Museum, including Zyola's description of Open Cockpit Day
- Edwards AFB "Petting Zoo"
- Cradle of Aviation Museum - Long Island, NY
- American Air Power Museum - Farmingdale, NY
- First Flight Airport - Kitty Hawk, NC
- Extra Aircraft to build in Montrose, CO
- FAA Investigating Changes to Medevac Helicopter Rules
- OurPlane Fractional Ownership company failure
- Discussion of the "value" of membership in various alphabet organizations
- AOPA "Crossover Classic" Sweepstakes rebuilding an older Cessna 182 - we're watching!
- RIP: Richard Abruzzo & Carol Rymer Davis
- And a great joke about Area 51. You'll just have to listen to hear it! (Thanks Daren!)
THANKS SO MUCH TO OUR GUESTS! - Visit their websites at:
- Larry Overstreet (Hi Larry!)
- Our guests for Episode 24 & 25
- Steve Tupper for his work on AcroCamp and specifically the AcroGrass Theme (in the out-takes at the beginning of this episode)
Miscellaneous show notes:
- Some of the news in this episode has already passed. We apologize. Nate's behind on editing. We've given him twenty lashes with a wet noodle.
- We hope the participants in the Collegiate Flying competition did great at KBJC in October (Go Metro Roadrunners!), and we're catching up on getting these out on time!
Something was wrong with Nate's mic level, and it added white noise whenever it was live. I've fixed it. Apologies. Also we experienced a very strange phenomenon on Skype that you can hear in Episodes 24 and 25... Zyola's audio was delayed both directions. If it sounds like we're talking over each other sometimes, we are, but Zyola couldn't hear us until about 10 seconds later. It creates some awkward-sounding back and forth at times. The pauses aren't Z's fault. It's Skype. And it's strange. - Nate